Has an academic or scientific event asked you to present your research? Do you have an opportunity to showcase your work but are unsure how to fund your travel? Let us help! In 2017, Borlaug LEAP has dedicated a portion of our funding to support travel to events our Fellows have be asked to participate in (current and Borlaug LEAP alumni fellows only).
Submit to email@example.com a one-page description of the event including name, dates and the work you will be presenting. Include:
Letter of acceptance to present at the conference from conference organizers.
How the event relates to your fellowship research and your current work.
A preliminary budget, modeled after the ones submitted with the Borlaug LEAP application packet.
- Must be a legitimate scientific or academic conference, workshop or convention (Ex: AAAS Annual Meeting, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs Annual Conference, etc.)
- Must be presenting your own scientific research or work (paper, poster, etc.)
- Travel must be completed by the end of 2017
- Must apply for support no later than 45 days in advance to ensure we can make the proper arrangements
Travel Grant will fund:
- Air travel from home to event and back
- Hotel lodging for the duration of the conference
- Conference registration fees
- Applicable travel visa fees
- Stipend for Meals and Incidentals
NOTE: Awardees are expected to cost share for any other expenses such as ground transportation, baggage fees, etc.
We are always happy to have our Fellows represent us at any event that promotes agricultural science and research. You are our legacy!
Please keep in mind that as with any conference for which we provide support, you will be representing the Borlaug LEAP fellowship. It is very important that you remember your fellowship was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and that you represent yourself as a Borlaug LEAP Fellow. You may also want to bring an updated resume or have business cards printed with your contact information. A short one-page description of your research is also useful.
We will ask you to provide a list of expenditures prior to travel for approval. Any expenses not contained within UC Davis or federal guidelines unfortunately cannot be approved and we want to make sure you are not stuck with any unforeseen expenses. To avoid any confusion, it is recommended you contact us in advance if you have any questions concerning our reimbursement procedures.