The Future of African Agriculture: Perspectives from the next generation of African scientists.
The Norman E. Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program (Borlaug LEAP) will be editing a peer-reviewed book entitled, "The Future of African Agriculture: Perspectives from the next generation of African scientists."
We invite Borlaug LEAP Fellows, past and present, to propose research articles, case studies, and opinion papers that will be published as book chapters. Fellows are requested to submit abstracts of the proposed paper for competitive review and selection. Please use the following guidelines for abstract submission:
- The paper proposed must be relevant to the context of Africa.
- The theme of the paper must align with the CONTENT OUTLINE (Click Here). Other issues not mentioned are welcome but must reflect the overall topic of the book and the principal chapter subjects.
- Abstracts may not exceed 750 words excluding references.
- Abstracts must be submitted as electronic Word documents with 1" margin, 12 point font in Times New Roman with 1.5 line space.
- The first page must include abstract template (click here) with name, affiliation, and contact email of all authors. One author can submit a maximum of four abstracts.
- Fellows may join together to co-author papers.
- Non-Fellows may co-author papers but the lead author must be a Borlaug LEAP Fellow.
- The Word document file should be named as follows:
- [BOOK SECTION#]_[1st AUTHOR LAST NAME]_Abstract.doc
- Abstract of proposed paper or article must be submitted by 10 November 2015.
- Submit abstract outline at www.borlaugleap.org/content/Abstract-Template.
All of the abstracts will be reviewed by a team convened by the editors. If your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to submit a manuscript not to exceed 30 pages. See Selected Papers, for more information.