If you are awarded a Borlaug LEAP Fellowship, you will be asked to sign the following Conditions of Training Form.
CONDITIONS OF TRAINING
Name of Fellow:
If I am accepted to receive technical training under The Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program (Borlaug LEAP), I agree to adhere to my arranged program, to devote my time and attention to my studies and/or practical training, and to conform to Borlaug LEAP regulations and procedures for the duration of my studies. I understand that I must maintain student status for the duration of the fellowship, and I will return to my country without delay upon completion of my studies. I also agree to conform to all laws of the United States and/or the country of my fellowship.
Furthermore, I thoroughly understand the following policies of the Borlaug LEAP and agree to adhere to them:
Borlaug LEAP does not fund any expenses related to family members accompanying the participant and is not responsible in any way for family members.
B. Conditions for Termination of Training Programs:
Borlaug LEAP reserves the right to terminate the training program of those participants who:
- Change the course of study without authorization from the Borlaug LEAP Management Entity.
- Fail to show sufficient interest in or to pursue effectively their fellowship.
- Have severe mental or physical health problems.
- Conduct themselves in a manner prejudicial to the program or to the laws of the United States and/or country where fellowship takes place.
- Have in any way falsified information on the application and/or supporting documents.
C. Financial Support:
The Fellow is aware that the financial support provided by the Borlaug LEAP is based upon approved budget in Appendix A. Changes to the budget require prior approval.
Fellow shall acknowledge the Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program in any papers or thesis derived from research under this project by including the following statements in all publications:
- [FELLOW NAME] is a fellow of the Norman E. Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program funded by USAID.
- Support for this research was provided in part by the Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program (Borlaug LEAP) through a grant to the University of California-Davis by the United States Agency for International Development. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID.
E. Planned Research (please check appropriate box for each line):
- Will / Will Not involve human subjects
- Will / Will Not involve animal subjects
- Will / Will Not involve recombinant DNA research
Signature below indicates agreement to and understanding of the above conditions.
Applicant's Signature Date